Sunday, February 24, 2013

Coffee Migraines

So, I don't know why, but tonight one cup of coffee from my own Keurig machine was enough to spin me around a baseball bat and then smash me with it. What I'm trying to say is my head hurts and I'm very nauseous right now.  
No, I didn't drink this much today. But I have in the past. 

Though, while I am on the topic of coffee, I'd like to talk about what it means to me. Or rather what having a job means to me.

In a nutshell. 

Having a job has proved to me extremely helpful with so many degrees of my life in college. I work at a coffee shop on campus, which means I get plenty of coffee, exposure to the entire college population, and writing material. Money is a no brainer, it's nice, it helps pay rent. But what I really love about my job are my co-workers and my customers.

 I don't know how this happened, but almost all of us (employees) bonded and are good friends. I'd credit our bonding to long, but slow hours and telling stories to help pass the time. Don't get me wrong, we do get our rushes of students, but sometimes not a soul walks through those doors. And when the store is dead, we chat and talk and laugh and clean the store. It's the first job I've had that I'm extremely happy with and look forward to working at.  

I also love making drinks that have foam.

And secondly, the exposure to people is almost overwhelming. I see a two-three hundred+ different people all day everyday (except weekends, that's the slowest). What's nice is I'm almost always on register too, this means I get to talk with the customer, help them out and briefly chat about their day. And I love it, absolutely love it. I'm a people person, I like people, and when I can talk to an even hundred people a day, my quota for interaction with people is spilling out the top. There's the regulars, they're nice to talk to, or the parents looking for a building on campus and they're nice to help out and then there's that time when the stores dead and there's that one customer and you talk with them far past an order or two. I make an effort to always be polite and when someone appreciates it I feel better and work better. 

I'd like to take this time to also point out that, if I'm asked to do something, I'll forgo the conversation to do it. I am a good worker. I also have the highest returning customer rating and I'm the most talked about employee on the internet. 

Needless to say, I work at a coffee shop and I love it. 

  Though this was cool, especially for being coffee.      


(all photos on this page have been taken by me)

No comments:

Post a Comment